A dual-control training version of the AOP.6 was produced, 77 serving as the Auster T.7 (Auster Model Q). In 1955 two T.7 aircraft were modified for use on the 1956 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition, being designated Auster Antarctic (Auster Model C4). The aircraft had extra radio equipment, larger tail surfaces, the ability to be fitted with floats or skis as required and a bright yellow finish to increase visibility against the snow and ice.
The aircraft was gradually replaced with the Auster AOP.9 from 1955 and surplus aircraft were converted to civilian use, first as the Auster 6A and later as the Beagle A.61 Terrier.
Full Wikipedia information can be found here
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO TW536
Extract from letter from the museum of army flying. (Ref: www.armyflying.com)
The first reference we have for TW536 is in mid-1946, when it was first delivered to the Army, arriving at RAF Middle Wallop, Hampshire. It was part of the first batch of over 300 Auster VIs that were delivered to the British Army in 1946, the first of which began to join Army units from June. It remained on general strength at Middle Wallop until 1952, when it was moved to 657 Air observation Past Squadron, albeit also stationed at Middle Wallop.
However, it only stayed with 657 AOP sqn for a brief period, as when it attended the 1952 annual manoeuvres with the British Army of the Rhine at RAF Buckeburg, Germany, it had transferred to the strength of 1912 Flight. It stayed with 1912 Flt for the next seven years, until it joined 651 Sqn AAC in 1959.
Unfortunately, this is the last reference we have to TW536 until one final entry, which states that it was rebuilt in 1987 as G-BNGE. Thus, the period from 1959-1987 is very unclear it may have served exclusively with 651 Sqn or transferred between AAC units.