The Auster AOP.6 (Auster Model K) was designed as a successor to the Taylorcraft Auster V.
It had a strengthened fuselage, increased all-up weight and a 145 hp (108 kW) de Havilland Gipsy Major 7 engine. It had a different appearance to the wartime Austers due to the lengthened landing gear struts (due to the larger propeller), and external non-retractable aerofoil flaps. An initial production run of 296 were completed for the Royal Air Force in 1949. A second batch was produced from 1952 with a total delivered of around 400. Some aircraft ordered by the Royal Air Force aircraft were diverted to the Belgian Air Force (22) and the Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force (2). New aircraft were delivered to Royal Canadian Air Force, South African Air Force, and the Arab Legion Air Force (Jordan).
A dual-control training version of the AOP.6 was produced, 77 serving as the Auster T.7 (Auster Model Q). In 1955 two T.7 aircraft were modified for use on the 1956 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition, being designated Auster Antarctic (Auster Model C4). The aircraft had extra radio equipment, larger tail surfaces, the ability to be fitted with floats or skis as required and a bright yellow finish to increase visibility against the snow and ice.
Full Wikipedia information can be found here
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO TW536
Extract from letter from the museum of army flying. (Ref: www.armyflying.com)
The first reference we have for TW536 is in mid-1946, when it was first delivered to the Army, arriving at RAF Middle Wallop, Hampshire. It was part of the first batch of over 300 Auster VIs that were delivered to the British Army in 1946, the first of which began to join Army units from June. It remained on general strength at Middle Wallop until 1952, when it was moved to 657 Air observation Past Squadron, albeit also stationed at Middle Wallop.